Saturday, June 29, 2013

July Currently!


Today I'm linking up to Farley's July Currently! It's early, but I'm still probably the 50th one on the list!

Here goes:

Listening: I've probably heard that "Thrift Shop" song 5 times in the last two days, and every single time I hear that 'cha-ching' sound in the middle of the song I get excited...then saddened when I realize it isn't my TpT app going off after all! The song still trips me out though. Thrift Shop was my style back in high school, and I literally wore my grandad's clothes all time! Here is an ancient picture of me in my grandfather's old green leather jacket with yellow piping. Sweet, right?!

Loving: Savannah has this store called The Peanut Shop where you can taste test like a million different flavors of peanuts. Killer B let me visit the shop twice on this trip, and on the second visit I bought myself some delicious dark chocolate covered cashews. I've dedicated myself to only eating a few each day though!

Thinking: Despite being on vacation, my mind is still full of ideas for my new classroom theme, freebies and other TpT items I want to finish and "pretty up," and of course my potentially flooded basement. I've hit the point where I just figure if it flooded, it flooded. Not much I can do about it now!

Wanting: I know it's cliched, but I can hardly believe it's pretty much July and the whole first month of Summer vacation is over. I have a week long workshop at Penn State the first week of August, and then shortly after that I'll need to start working on my classroom and prepping for the new year!

Needing: Yesterday Killer B and I got BURNED. It hurts sooo bad. Just trying to fall asleep last night was a challenge, and this morning I could hardly walk! Aargh, darn sun.

Tip: This is a tip for myself, but figured others might need it too. I need to remember that I don't have to do everything myself. I'm a natural DIY'er, but sometimes what you need is already out there. My new Erin Condren planner (which should be waiting for me at home!), Jivey's units, some classroom decor I just bought, and the pre-made classroom mailboxes I'm planning to buy are all good examples. Sometimes I need to let others do things for me, and then spend more time on the stuff I LIKE to make. 

Enjoy reading all the other fun Currentlies! There should be DAYS of reading there for you!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Nick - glad y'all make it back safely from Savannah (I am a north GA resident, but we love going to Savannah). I got a burn last year when we were there... silly me. It will be over before you know it... summer, too! Savor every moment. Love your advice, as I have to constantly remind myself of this!!! Eeek!

    Kimberlee @ iTeach 5th & Digital Doodle Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment Nick - yes, very scary to move grade levels, but in the end it all usually works out for the best!! Best of luck!

    Kimberlee @ iTeach 5th & Digital Doodle Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is flying by! We are allowed back in our classrooms August 1st. Hope you have a good weekend!
    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    Follow Me on BlogLovin
    Like Me on Facebook
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Follow Me on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to have found another 4th grade teacher. I just added your blog to my Bloglovin reader!

    Erica
    Shepherd's Shining Stars

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been off for a MONTH already?! I'm on DAY ONE! Funny how the "cha-ching" can catch you off guard, isn't it?! There is also an ad playing on our local radio for some sale coming up this weekend, and they use a very similar cha-ching. Drives me crazy every time I hear it!

    Take care of that sunburn!
    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I now have Thrift Shop in my head. :-P you rocked that jacket, Son!! ;-) I am such a DIY'er too and I need to follow your advice. :-P I'm trying!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick- That "cha ching" in thrift shop gets me excited every. single. time. DARNIT! I'm your newest follower!

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips