Friday, July 4, 2014

Five for Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July! 
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!

1.
This is what our 4th Fest looks like...
How do you all celebrate the 4th? I know a lot of people get really into going to a huge fireworks display, or have a picnic or BBQ...but Killer B and I have always been a bit more laid back. We usually buy a few rockets and roman candles to set off for our dogs to watch, and that's about it! Woohoo!

Seriously though, we're almost always visiting family in Atlanta around this time of year, so it's hard to do too much.

It's kind of a bummer that this holiday is in the summer. It'd be a lot of fun to celebrate it with the kids at school. There are so many cool things you could do with them too! 


2.
Don't forget to stop by and enter this giveaway! Today's the last day to enter! There are lots of great prizes to be won!

3.
I'm sharing my favorite font of all time today! It's one I made a while back for the express purpose of using only a little ink. I make a lot of my bigger TpT files using this font. It's called Nick's Typewriter because it's my handwriting in typewriter style letters. Grab it up for free! 

4.
Not at all related to the Fourth of July, but I'm getting excited about the Institute on Academic Differentiation I'll be attending in a couple of weeks at the University of Virginia! The leader of the institute is Carol Ann Tomlinson. The workshops are all about things like flexible grouping, mindset, close reading, teaching up for complexity, etc. The institute is offered at two levels, and I'm excited to be going to the more advanced version because I hopefully won't have to worry about any of the workshops being too introductory. 

Monticello is right next door! I'm looking forward to
marking this site off of my must-see list!
Spending a week away from my lovely wife, while doing teachery things in the summer is sure to be a challenge...but luckily I'll have some good company! My principal and another teacher from my team are going with me! They're both cool, so I'm sure dinners and after workshop activities will be fun too. This is one of the few times that being a male teacher in elementary pays off by the way...can you say "hotel room to myself?" I can! I can finally snore all I want without Killer B punching me in my sleep!

Hopefully if the jealousy I have of all my BBBs who are going to the TpT Conference in Vegas hasn't worn off by then, this'll help.


5.

Just for fun I thought I'd put some of the patriotic products in my TpT store on sale for Independence Day! Actually they're on sale all weekend. I also put all of my Kaboom math games on sale too, because you know... kaboom... like fireworks!

So grab some stuff at 20% off and let's help stimulate the American economy together! ;)

Here's a few of my favorites that are on sale:


The full list of all 10 on sale items can be seen here:



My BBB Emily over at I Love My Classroom is also having a sale!
Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your institute with Carol Ann Tomlinson. I heard her speak at the National Middle School Convention years ago and she is amazing. Enjoy your 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that font! I'm a sucker for typewriter fonts, shades of my childhood actually using that ancient beast! THANKS for sharing.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That font is one of my favorites! Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips