Monday, April 14, 2014

Lifehack for Teachers #5 - The knuckle calendar!

I'm back with another lifehack that'll hopefully solve a problem for you or your students! 

I'm not sure what my problem is exactly...but every single time I'm trying to figure out how many days are in a month I have to sit and think about it. I know a lot of people know that rhyme, "30 days has September..." but I can never seem to remember it correctly, and then I doubt whether I've said it right, yada yada. 

Now, I don't have to worry about it! I just use the knuckle calendar! Bumps are 31 and gaps are 30 (except February)! After July, go back to the first knuckle! Easy!


And if that wasn't a good tip for you, maybe this one will be...



And I really hope some of you will come along tomorrow and link up for this month's Tunes Tuesday! It's all about how you use music to teach Social Studies!



5 comments:

  1. I can't ever remember that rhyme either. I had a teacher try to teach me this in 6th grade. It didn't stick! Thanks for the lifehack...pinned!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the knuckle thing, too. I actually learned that before I knew there was a rhyme. I am TOTALLY eating Cheetos with chopsticks now. In fact, I have a whole bag in the pantry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always used the knuckle trick! My teachers taught it to me! :) and oh my gah, that cheeto comic made me LOL for real!! AWESOME.
    jivey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always used the rhyme, but my kids can't ever seem to learn it. Thanks for reminding me about the knuckle trick! I'm going to teach it to them!
    -Kristen
    Chalkandapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always use the knuckle trick, and I too can't remember that rhyme. The ironic part is that all my students think the knuckle trick is confusing, and they all use the rhyme!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips