Monday, March 10, 2014

New Initiatives! Tunes Tuesday and Lifehacks for Teachers!

So, I've passed my One Year Blogging Birthday and my blog is growing! I'm excited to introduce something new and re-introduce something old in a new way!

First:


The first thing is something new I'll be adding to my blogging rotation! I'm calling it Lifehacks for Teachers. I'll be posting a lifehack each week that will hopefully help some of you out! 

What's a lifehack? Check out the definition! I've been really interested in them for a while, and I use a lot in my daily life. I'll be sorting through all of the ones I love and trying some new ones that are related specifically to teaching and bringing you one each week! So without further ado, check our Lifehack for Teachers #1!



Second:

I'm bringing back my Tunes Tuesday Linky! The last time I did Tunes Tuesday, it was all about using music and lyric sheets to teach grammar skills. Now Tunes Tuesday is expanding into other subject areas. Once a month I'll be having a new Tunes Tuesday Linky with a different focus area.


The first one will be all about Science. The linky will go live on Tuesday, March 18th. If you're a blogger, I hope you'll think about linking up how you've used music to teach science! Feel free to link up a prior post or a brand new one! I hope the rest of you will come back and check out all the link ups to get some great ideas about how to use music in your classroom!

Finally:



I want to show off the new bar across the top of my page where I am now showcasing Tunes Tuesday, Lifehacks for Teachers, and of course all of my fabulous Freebies! My freebies tab is a perfect place to check out some of the cool things you may have missed that I've offered up free in past posts! It took a little work to get them all organized, but I hope it'll be easier for my readers to see what's up for grabs!

If you missed out on my original Tunes Tuesday linky, all of the freebies are linked from that tab now too! And of course I'll be updating the Lifehacks for Teachers tab as time goes by as well!


And whatever you do, don't forget to enter my Blogiversary Giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of these ideas! I can't wait to read about how others use music in the classroom, because I am a singing, rapping, always making music kind of teacher!

    Thanks
    Karmen
    Tales from a Naturalista Teacha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tunes Tuesday! YAY! Can't wait to read all of your lifehacks also. I need all the help I can get! Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited you are bringing Tunes Tuesday back! :) :)
    jivey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to your life hacks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all...Google Timer! Love it!! Looking forward to the rest of your life hacks! I'm sure I'll be having more palm hitting the forehead moments!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips